Co-op Advertising – What is it?
Co-op Advertising is a simple, effective way for you to combine your dollars with funds provided by Aprilaire to invest in advertising Aprilaire products and your business. It’s very cost-effective because we pay 60% of the cost. You pay just 40 cents of every dollar invested. Here’s how it works:
Available Funds for Advertising
- As a Partner In Comfort, the dollars available to you for reimbursement of your paid advertising starts with an allowance of $1,200 per year beginning March 1. (Our “co-op” year runs March 1 – February 28).
- A portion or all of these funds are available to you for reimbursement after you have done the advertising and submitted proof of the amounts you have paid for that advertising. The portion of the $1,200 fund that is available to you is based on reimbursing 60% of the cost you paid to advertise.
- When you pay for approved Aprilaire advertising* and submit your advertising “claim” to Aprilaire, we will reimburse you up to 60% of your out-of-pocket costs. (A “claim’ is simply your submitting copies of the ads that ran along with copies of your paid invoices for the advertising).
- The amount we reimburse you will then be deducted from the original $1,200 allowance, and the balance is what is available to you for additional advertising; again payable at 60% of your investment.
- For example: You run an ad that costs $1,000. Assuming the ad is 100% devoted to Aprilaire and your company message**, you would then submit a claim with a copy of your $1,000 paid invoice. We will send you a check for $600 ($1,000 x 60%). We will then deduct that $600 from the original $1,200 fund. That leaves $600 as your available balance for future advertising within the same year.
Co-op Claims Reimbursement Processing
A Co-op claim is what you submit for reimbursement. Our process is simple. All you do is:
- Decide on how you want to advertise and use any of our Aprilaire approved ad materials.
- Do the advertising
- Pay for the advertising
- Send copies of the advertising that ran, along with all of the invoices you paid for that advertising
- We will send you a check for 60% of the total amount, then deduct that 60% from your $1200 allowance.
Additional Funds Earned from Product Purchases
You can grow your $1,200 Co-op reimbursement allowance by earning 3% on all Aprilaire product purchases throughout the year (March 1 – Feb 28). For example, if you buy $50,000 in Aprilaire products, we will add $1,500 ($50,000 x .03) to your Co-op reimbursement allowance. Just fax, e-mail or send copies of your product purchase statements or invoices from your distributor(s) and we’ll do the rest. It’s that simple!
Approved Advertising*, and 60% reimbursement**
Professionally developed advertising materials for Aprilaire products are ready to go. You can order them today and start generating leads tomorrow. Use these materials and no pre-approval is necessary.
The 60% reimbursement is based on the Aprilaire portion of the advertising area or space. For example, if an ad you claim cost you $1,000 for the entire ad, but only half of the ad space was devoted to Aprilaire, we will reimburse you $300, (60% of half of the ad cost, $500 x 60% =$300).
Contact your Aprilaire representative or call 1–800–334–6011 to get started.
If you're not a Partner In Comfort member, join now.